Pro-Life is one of the Seven Pillars of Couples for Christ. To be pro-God, pro-family and pro-poor is to be pro-life. This pillar is about promoting the culture of life, very much under threat today by abortion, contraception, sterilization, capital punishment, euthanasia, assisted suicide, same sex marriage, cloning, population control. It defends the family as the basic unit of society. Further, to be pro-life is to look to living life to the fullest, according to God's intent. Our battle cry: LIVE LIFE!
From its very inception, Couples for Christ has been and staunchly remains pro-God, pro-family, pro-poor and pro-life. A strong pro-life stance is very much in line with CFC’s way of life as well as its work for total human liberation.
In response to the encyclical letter of Pope John Paul II, The Gospel of Life, CFC established Pro-Life as a major ministry in order to raise consciousness among its members, as well as others, on the sacredness of life as a basic value rooted in the dignity of man. This is due to the imminent defeat of the "culture of life" by the "culture of death" as a consequence of the worldwide legalization of abortion, capital punishment and euthanasia as well as other anti-life practices.
CFC’s pro-life stance is enveloped in its life and culture through the promotion of natural family planning, fertility awareness and human sexuality, chastity education, advocacy and lobbying for pro-life legislation, among others.
- To defend and advance the "culture of life."
- To protect the right to life, upon which all the other inalienable rights of individuals are founded and from which they develop.
- To preserve the family and its moral values, recognizing the sacredness and sovereignty of the family as the basic institution of society.
- To establish a voice for the family against forces that seek to destroy the family and life, through fora, media and other channels of communication.
- To provide information on, assistance to and continuing education for family, culture and life issues.
- To promote the truth that “every crime against life is an attack on peace, especially if it strikes at the moral conduct of people.”
- To support CFC in its work of evangelization, family renewal and total human liberation.
- To collaborate with all other religions and sectors of society in its campaign for life.
- Population Control
- Capital Punishment
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Human Cloning
- In-Vitro Fertilization
- Homosexual Acts
- Sex Educations devoid of moral values (renamed as "Values Clarification")
- Abolition of Legal Parental Rights
- Eradication of Motherhood as a basic vocation of women
- Eradication of religion
- Secular Humanism
- Situational Ethics and Moral Relativism
- Re-definition of Family to include gay marriages
- Gender Issues such as Radical Feminism
- Sexual Permissiveness